Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 11

my first mac eyeshadows and brush

hey everyone,
so if you can't guess from the title, this is all about my first ever mac eyeshadows and brush, i bought them at the end of last month, so i have had probably like 2-3 weeks to try them out.




 i have always wanted mac eyeshadows, ever since i started watching youtube vidoes back in the day, and then when i started my blog. I always thought that i would never be able to get them, because  always have more important things to spend with my money, but at the end of the month i had some spare money from my car tax so i thought, well what is stopping you kelsey?

so i did!!!
and i am sooo happy, i also bought a mac 188 angled contour brush. which i have wanted ever since i saw tiffanyd use it in one of her make-up tutorials, i kept thinking, "oh that must be so much easier to apply bronzer".

and i bought macs version of a beauty blender aswell, just to try it out, and see what all the fuss is about with them.

so first off the brush, i love this brush, i think it is my favourite brush ever, the brush is so soft and silky, it cleans really well and doesn't shed, and it is so easy to contour with, it puts my bronzer in the exact place i want it and blends it in really well.
The only thing is a wish that it would stay white, it does when you wash it, but when you spot clean it it doesn't stay white, which is a shame.
the beauty blender does a good job of blending in my foundations, the point end is good to put foundation like around your nose area and eye area, and makes a flawless finish with the foundation.



i bought the quad eyeshadow pallette to put the eyeshadows i bought in, i might by the bigger pallette one day but for now i just bought this, because i know i probably won't buy anymore eyeshadows for a long time.
i had the colours i wanted in my head for ages, so i knew exactly which ones i wanted to get. I didn't need to do any research or any thinking, i just clicked the colours i wanted on the website and hit buy, took me less then 10 minutes, (my kind of shopping)

 (colours with flash and then without flash)


(swatches with flash and without flash)
 from left to right-top to bottom: ricepaper, cranberry, all that glitters and sable.

basically cult favourites, aren't they!, ive always wanted these colours, and they do not fail to impress.
ricepaper is a lovely all over colour that you can put right up the the eyebrows as like a base colour, it has a little bit of a shimmer to it so it reflects the light.
cranberry is a reddy brown colour with some shimmer running through it, goes lovely in the crease with ricepaper.
all that glitters is a light brown colour, with obviously has glitter in it
sable is a darker brown colour with shimmer in it also.

these colours go really well together and are staple basic colours in anyones collection, all have shimmer in them because i do love shimmer more than mattes.
have you got any other cult mac eyeshadows you love?
leave me some comments on which ones you love
see you soon xxx

21 comments:

  1. Lovely haul :) I'd love to try MAC products! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 217 brush which is amazing too. I've never tried a Mac eyshadow before but I really want to. This post makes me want All That Glitters x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i love the mac eyeshadows now, so glad i brought them!

      Delete
  3. The 188 applies contour like a dream! And I got Cranberry a week ago and I love it! I really like Shale. It's shimmery and lilac-ish.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they do, i put cranberry in the outer corner of my eyes, and my bf said "oh your eyes are really pretty today" soo :D it worked haha

      Delete
  4. Ahh great MAC haul sweet :D MAC is my guilty pleasure haha All That Glitters was one of my first ever eyeshadows too, it's such a pretty colour :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love mac so much, it is my little guilty pleasure too, :D

      Delete
  5. I love the colours you chose, I've never tried any MAC eyeshadows! I really want to get a few though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I really want to get all that glitters and sable too!
    Lovely blog!
    www.okfashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    Olivia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my all that glitters. I really want vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hon, my favouritesa are satin taupe, woodwinked, dazzlelight and antiqued! shopping at MAC is addictive so beware ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i wanna try woodwinked and antiqued next LD

      Delete
  9. Love MAC eyeshadows, they're so pigmented and stay on like a dream! Great colour choices :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love woodwinked, satin taupe, and expensive pink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello hun! Found you from the monday beauties blog hop! Nice shadows there, following now :) Please check mine out when you can!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't try any mac yet, but I like your choices :)

    Thank you for sending me your link yesterday during #bbloggers chat :) I fell in love with your blog :) Now Following :)

    Cristina @Cristina's Beauty Box

    ReplyDelete
  13. All that Glitters is a great colour. It's on my wishlist!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent choices, Cranberry is exceptionally beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. MAC Eyeshadows are a m a z i n g! I've wanted to try "Cranberry" for ages... hmm I might just have to go out and get it now! My favourites are "Amber Lights" and "Deep Truth", gorgeous shimmer shades x

    http://www.missandreascarlet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower! Would appreciate a re-follow??

    https://www.facebook.com/SimpleAesthetic

    Thanks!!
    Hilary Lambert
    www.simpleaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Dont Forget To Subscribe. Thankyou for leaving your comments, They are all read. dont hesitate to email me at MissPenelope90@gmail.com if you have any questions. XX