Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 19

bloggers interview:


hey everyone,
this weeks interview is by the lovely Devon, she is so interesting and creative
hope you enjoy




1. Tell Me A bit About Yourself?

My name is Devon, I am 18-years-old, and I was born in England. I lived in England for 14 years, and I have lived in Scotland for the past 4 years. I live with my parents, my younger brother, my parrot, and my dog. I also have a wonderful boyfriend named Oliver. I play the piano, I compose a lot of my own music, and I will start studying a degree in Music at university later this year!

2. Whats The Name Of Your Blog?
My blog was originally called ‘Devonisonfire’, a play on the name of the band ‘Alexisonfire’. But it is known as simply ‘Devon Elizabeth’ these days, which is my first name and middle name.

3. Explain What Your Blog Is About?
My blog is basically a dump of all the thoughts and ideas that would just seem weird when said out loud in conversation. If I use a good beauty product or read a great book, I’ll share it. If I travel and do some photography, I’ll display it. If I discover something or someone inspiring, I’ll spread the word.

4. What Inspired You To Start Your Blog?
I came across some very lovely blogs about three years ago and thought “Hey, that looks pretty fun!”, but then I also realised a greater purpose. I love the idea that one day, when I am old, I will have everything I am writing now to look back on. If only the monumental resource that is the internet had been available to past generations. How interesting would reading a first-hand, detailed, photographed account of your great-great-great-great grandparents daily lives have been? Maybe future generations will read mine. I also just love seeing how I develop and grow as a person over time. It’s pretty interesting to look over.

5. If You Could Only Have One Make-up Item In The World What Would It Be?
I haven’t actually been into make-up for all that long, but I have already discovered that a matte mousse foundation is essential! Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in porcelain is my must-have.

6. What Posts Do You Enjoy Writing The Most? Reviews, Swatches, Products e.t.c?
I enjoy all of them really, but I guess I do particularly enjoy writing about events I have been to and lovely places I have visited. Definitely the more personal posts. Anybody can write about a mascara or a book, but only I can write about the things that happen to me from my perspective.

7. Where Can We Follow You?
My blog URL is http://devonisonfirestill.blogspot.com and you can also follow me on Bloglovin’ athttp://bloglovin.com/en/blog/2704454/devonisonfire. For elsewhere you can find me, such as Twitter and Tumblr, see my sidebar on my blog for a full list of links!

8. What Blogs Do You Recommend Us To Read?
The main blog that inspired me to start writing my own was Kaelah’s blog at www.kaelahbee.com. She’s incredible.

9. Where Do You See Your Blog Going In The Next Year?
I see it continuing to show my ever-changing tastes and documenting my discoveries. I also see it getting pretty interesting when I start university.

10. And Lastly, Is There Any Advice You Would Give To Other Bloggers?
Blog for the right reasons. If you’re just blogging for popularity and followers, you’re going to crash. When you start blogging for anything other than yourself, it becomes a chore. Keep it about you. Blog for you and you only. Don’t blog how you think other people want you to. It’s your blog. Write it how you want to.



(if you would like to take part please follow the link here!)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these types of posts.Thank you for sending your link through to my twitter tonight but I'm already following! Will be getting involved with your giveaway tho! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please Dont Forget To Subscribe. Thankyou for leaving your comments, They are all read. dont hesitate to email me at MissPenelope90@gmail.com if you have any questions. XX