Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 26

Refreshing your ombré

Hi everyone,
Some people think this style has gone out of date or don't like, but I love my ombré hair and I think I am going to keep it for a long time, or at least ombré style, maybe with different colors, but anyway;
I want to show you how I re-do my ombré hair, I think this way is alot more natural and you actually see it blended in alot more then a block of blonde and a block of brown.
Now ombré means that you have dark roots and then it gradually goes lighter towards the ends, like your hairs been in the sun to long, rather then a dip dye, which means you have dark roots until the end which it suddenly changes to blonde/light without the graduation. I have had so many comments on this hair style, how amazing it is, and that it looks professionally done, and when i tell them i did it at home they are actually really shocked :D, which is nice, so this is how i do my ombre.



So what do I do:
I start off by dying my roots/mid lengths. I use a chocolate brown colour and apply it all over except for the ends where I want my blonde to be, I wait for it to develop and then wash it off, I use just one shampoo time, make sure it's all rinsed out though (your water needs to run clear). Then I use a treatment, I am using my beloved Aussie treatment. I leave it on fr 5 mins and then wash it off.
Make sure you DON'T condition your hair because the next colour won't work!!!.


Then I use a hair stripper, the one I use is called decolour stripper (in the pictures above) this actually strips your hair of colour and lightens it at the same time, so I followed the instructions, put part 1 into part 2 so it makes a green paste. I then unscrewed the top because I didn't need the nozzle and applied it straight to the ends of my hair, I didn't comb it through and I put it onto dry hair because it was only the bottom, if it was all of the hair you would put it onto damp hair and follow different instructions to mine.


Basically I just popped it on with my hands, split my hair down the middle and rubbed it in, making sure it wasn't all in one line, abit like a zig-zag effect so that it fads at different places.
Then I waited for 50 mins, my hair takes awhile to lighten but everyone's hair is different, some people it can take 10 mins some people it'll take an hour, so always check the progress of it,
After that I washed it off and used the special conditioner that comes with it, it levels out your pH balance of your hair, leave that on for 5 mins and rinse off.


Last step is to tone my hair, my hair goes quite yellow from the bleach, some people's don't, I then use a toner called colour restore iced platinum.
This looks like the John Frieda blonde shampoo you can get that is purple, yes it is a purple toner, it looks scary but really isn't. You can use it 2 ways, you can apply it to damp hair, on the blonde section and leave it for up to 25 mins, or you can do what I did, chicken out and stand in the shower with a comb and comb it through the ends till you see it change, basically it scares you because your ends look purple/grey until you wash it and they will be a lovely shade of cool blonde.
Then I rinsed it and style it how I wanted to, you don't need to condition your hair but u could put abit of leave in conditioner in if you don't like to leave it.


I will say PLEASE do a allergy test before using any dye, put a bit behind your ear and wait 24 hours if anything happens redness or itchiness then please do not dye your hair, I would also say with the toner don't wash your hair in really hot water, normal temperature is fine, just because the molecules can actually be removed from your hair in really hot water so it'll look like you haven't even used one, it'll be fine to use hot water after though.

I hope you found this helpful? If you have any questions please ask because I will answer them as best I can, I have done hairdressing aswell :) so please ask :)

Have a lovely day everyone :) xxx

disclaimer: i am not going to be hold responsible if you mess up your hair, i didnt tell you to do it :D, please follow all instructions given on the box, love you all! 

3 comments:

  1. I used to have ombre hair, and I wish I hadn't got rid of it because I really liked it! It just made my hair too damaged :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have to really look after my hair and treatment it like every other wash but I am in love with it, it's the first hair colour I haven't been bored off

      Delete
  2. I'm always far too terrified to try and Ombre my hair myself. It really suits you! :) x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please Dont Forget To Subscribe. Thankyou for leaving your comments, They are all read. dont hesitate to email me at MissPenelope90@gmail.com if you have any questions. XX