Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 26

lush hair care products review

hi everyone.

how are you all today? i am going to tell you about my new hair care routine, well what i use as shampoo and conditioner.




on twitter over 2 weeks ago, i was complaining about my hair, i used a shampoo (i am not going to mention the name but i actually hate them now!) which was made for curly hair, and i thought, oooo i have curly hair maybe itll make them last longer, but i was sadly mistaken.
It made my hair super super greasy! i mean like it felt like i had put a tub of oil on my hair. The first wash was fine, it was squeaky clean, which i thought was abit wierd because my hair is greasy anyway and i need 2 shampoo's for it to feel normal, so i put on the second shampoo and it was awful =[
needless to say i will not be using that shampoo ever again!, i tryed to use everything to get rid of the grease, baby shampoo, head and shoulders, nothing worked!!
so i asked the lovely followers on twitter for some help, i had one lovely girl tell me to have a look at the lush i love juicy. I was sold!
i hopped over to lush as soon as i could, i asked one of the lovely girls in lush for it, and we got talking about how that horrible shampoo distroyed my hair and i need something to get rid of it, it was still in my hair after a week (as you can tell i was pissed off)
see told me that i could use the i love juicy, or the shampoo bar, which is exactually the same but it would last longer, and i said yes, so also convinced me to buy a little conditioner aswell, she was a good sales woman haha




so first the shampoo (obviously), it is called jumping juniper (£5.25) and is a shampoo bar, i also brought the little metal bar tub aswell, (£2.50)


Rosemary and lavender infusions are antimicrobal and help soothe and protect the scalp. Juniperberry oil helps control scalp sebum production. Lemon and lime essential oils give shine to the hair.
Gives a deep clean to the hair, leaving it with bounce and shine.
By taking out the water and turning our shampoo solid, we also take away the need to add preservatives. 


the smell is amazing aswell, just smells like junipers, or flowers and its soooo good!, makes my hair feel really clean and managable and not greasy at all, it has improved it soo much, it is still not where it should be, but i normally wash my hair at night but the next day its greasy, this doesn't make my hair greasy and its nice and fresh and clean the next day, yeahhhhhhh!



Then the conditioner, its called veganese (£4.15), its called that because it is a veganese conditioner, i have used this in the past but forgot to re purchase it, so when she said it too me i was like, oh yeah i used to really like this stuff!
"Great for use when you want a light conditioner that doesn’t weigh the hair down, but still want lots of shine. Makes hair more manageable and less static.
This product came about because two different sets of people were nagging about needing a conditioner.
Our Japanese shop staff were asking for a lighter conditioner to suit their hair type, which can feel heavy and greasy if rich conditioners are used. But vegan staff and customers were also nagging for a conditioner without the usual lanolin, which comes from sheep’s wool.
Without the lanolin, this conditioner is lighter than our others, making it perfect for the long straight hair of our Japanese staff. And so it was that Veganese was born; we make plenty of it so that scraps don’t break out between the vegans and Japanese!"
I really like that its light weight, and doesnt weigh my hair down, so it would be great for thin hair, which mine isn't but i dont want all this stuff sitting on my scalp to make it all greasy, so this product is great, it doesnt give you any moisture though so would be bad for dry hair types. 
Gives me loads of shine aswell. I am finally getting back to my normal hair.
Do you guys use anything from lush, if so what?
leave a comment below :D xxx

10 comments:

  1. Great review!! I'm finishing up my current bottles and i want to switch to shampoo bars... You sounds much more natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *they sound. Doh! Sorry, the iPad is a nightmare and makes things up al the time... I should learn to read back my comment, shouldnt I??! ;)

      Delete
    2. haha i do it all the time, my iphone is awful, whoever invented predictive text on the iphone is pants, lol

      Delete
  2. jumping juniper saved my life haha! i've only been using it for a couple of months and it's still here...can't believe how long it lasts! good old lush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i love shampoo bars, i always by lush, use it up then forget about them, then i remember that i loved there hair care stuff, so i don't know why i dont just repurchase it all the time =/

      Delete
  3. I've never used a solid shampoo, they look a bit scary to me for some reason. I may give it a go now though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I am so glad you tweeted me the link of your blog this post has been so helpful to me!! I'm ready to run down to Lush right now... I'm very tempted... Although my bank account says otherwise... *Wishes for pay day now*

    I really want to try out that Shampoo bar- It sounds like something I really need!

    I love your blog its so informative! Found yourself a new follower :)

    http://holliegrace.blogspot.co.uk

    Hollie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love i love juicy shampoo from lush, it makes your hair squeaky clean! their face masks are also in my favourites. great post!

    your blog is so lovely too! definitely following :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win one of two big prizes, inc. lots of jewellery and an H&M clutch! it ends soon so be quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i never used it, but maybe will try it :)

    xx

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Dont Forget To Subscribe. Thankyou for leaving your comments, They are all read. dont hesitate to email me at MissPenelope90@gmail.com if you have any questions. XX