Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 28

DIY: ombre your hair at home

hey everyone,

so Sunday i was talking to a couple of the girl on #bbloggers, mainly Teresa from cityscape bliss, and we were talking about how much we wanted to ombre our hair, and i have for a very long time, and i remembered that i had some bleach left over from my hairdressing, so i though i would dive right in and just do it!

so i am going to show you how you can dip dye, or ombre your hair at home.

now first thing i should point out is that you need bleach, hair bleach, from any supermarket or hair place will do as long as it says it has bleach in it, a regular blonde hair dye will not do, has to be bleach :D

i am using the professional wella one, which you can grab in sally's, but you don't have too.

so what you will need:

  • some bleach
  • a bowl with brush
  • tin foil
  • hair brush
  • really moisturising shampoo and conditioner
  • a towel and a clip


what i did:
wrap a towel around my shoulders and used a clip to secure it, then i mixed my bleach and peroxide together, it will tell you how to do this in a little leaflet you get with the home kit.

then i parted my hair where it normally lies, and split it into two sections, then poped some gloves on and grabed a dollop of bleach in my hands. rub it though the ends of your hair to get an even coverage and wait
(oooo attractive)

then i waited for about 20 mins, washed it off and dried it too see how it looked, i wanted it abit lighter so i did the same, put a dollop of bleach on the ends of my hair and rubbed it in to coat it evenly, but i only did it to the very ends of my hair.
I then covered it in tin foil to keep the heat in and make it process quicker


left that on for 30 mins and washed it off.

i used my tresemme spilt remedy shampoo and conditioner, but i would say anything that has moistures in will do great, because the bleach takes all the goodness out of your hair, you need to put it back in, so lots of treatments and moisture conditioners and your good to go.
I am planning to put my hair through a deep condition today, i only washed it quickly so the colour hasn't settled yet, but i cant wait till it does, im excited!


 before                                                                                        after

i will say that it does like a tad orange on the camera, but i took the picture at like 11pm at night, so my lighting was abit all over the place

if you follow me on instragram (under MissPenelope90) then i will be putting a fresh picture of my hair in the sunlight very soon :D
hope you found this helpful, and what do you think?
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, it really suits you!! Such a good job!!:) I'm goin to Boots to get that lightenin spray today, I've got too much respect for bleach (read too scared:D) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i respect bleach aswell, can do some serious harm lol =/

      Delete
  2. i think you did good! :)

    i am a new follower by the way.. saw your blog on the blog hop. :)
    i hope you can check my blog out and follow back. ♥
    http://allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I really want to do ombre too =/

    http://samram1214.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been wanting to try this look for a while... Great tutorial! Love it, looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, really suits you :) x~x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely, I ombre my hair it's in need of refreshing, find it can fade quite quickly between washes.

    Dolce Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely :) I love the ombre hair but I'm too scared to dye it myself ha! I got these instead - I&K dip dye hair extensions They’re available at Hairtrade.com and there's some gorgeous colours. I got the dark to blonde one and they look fab! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you did it yourself!! I wouldn't dare do my own ombre! I end up spending a few bob at the salon! I have the same ombré colour as you! Looks great x

    ReplyDelete

Please Dont Forget To Subscribe. Thankyou for leaving your comments, They are all read. dont hesitate to email me at MissPenelope90@gmail.com if you have any questions. XX